Welcome Friends! Life is busier for me than it was during the holidays, but that’s okay because I am doing things that I love.
I started back tending grands, getting items ready to sale for my shop and adding some new items to my little nest. This is what I want to share with you today.
First of all have you seen the Romantic Homes February issue yet? I have a small article in the “Yours Truly” section. It is kinda fun to see your little nest up in lights even if it is small. Maybe someday I will have the real thing. But I am so happy that they chose to use mine.
Now on to the projects that I have been working on.
I have really fallen hard for the harlequin design. So I decided to do a few more table tops with it, like this great old dresser that used to be my grandmother’s, my mom’s, and it was in my bedroom as a teenager, and now it is in my little nest. The dresser has been many colors in the past, the original color was a very light green something that was very popular in the thirties.
I used a very light blue then topped it with a gold antique from Vintage Market. I also added some gold to the legs. I love the look of it, so very French.
I did a tutorial on painting the harlequin design if you are interested.
I bought this great old wooden foot locker last summer. I really didn’t know what I was going to do with it but I did know that I loved it. The locker has this great wooden drawer in it, so I knew that it would be great for storage. Sometimes when I purchase find I don’t really have any plans for them so I let them sit in my home and walk by them daily until the light turns on for me. That’s what happened with this locker.
I painted the locker a very light blue. I didn’t add any antiquing glaze to it but I did use a black wax from Vintage Market.
I painted the insert the same way. For the inside I lined it with blue striped vintage wallpaper. So sorry but I forgot to take a picture of it and now I can’t get to it. 😦
In the back ground of this picture is the foot locker. It holds all of my yarn supply.
I have many more projects to share with you so check back!
Have a wonderful weekend.
- I will be at these amazing parties this week, come and join me!
- Amaze Me Monday @ Dwellings-the heart of our home
- Make It Pretty Monday @ The Dedicated House
- Something to talk about @Karen’s Upon the Hill
- Inspire me Monday @ My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia
- The Scoop @ Cedar Hill Farm
- Trash to Treasures Tuesday @ Kammy’s Korner
- Roses of Inspiration @ The Enchanting Rose
- Let’s talk Vintage @ Bella Rosa Antiques
- Inspire Me Tuesday @ A Stroll Through Life
- Vintage Inspiration Party @ My Salvaged Treasure
- WOW @ Savvy Southern Style
- Moonlight and Mason Jars @ Cherished Bliss
- What’s it’s Wednesday @ Ivy and Elephants
- Treasure Hunt Thursday @ From My Front Porch to Yours
- Share Your Cup Thursday @ Have a Cup with Mrs. Olson
- Share your Style @ The Essence of Home
- Blog Hop @ Katherine’s Corner
- Idea Box @ Mila’s Little Things
- Vintage Charm @ Blue Willow House .com
- Home Sweet Home Party @ The Charm of home
- Anything Blue Friday @ The Dedicated House
- Home Matters Linky Party @ Life with Lorelai
- Simply Sweet Fridays @ Rooted in Thyme
- Friday’s Furniture Fix @ Patina Paradise
- Shabbilicious Friday @ Shabby Art Boutique
- Five Star Fro Fro @ A Tray of Bliss
- Feathered Nest Friday @ French Country Cottage
- Pretty Pintastic Party @ Seeking Lavender Lane
- Upcycled Linky Party @ Funky Junk
- Inspiration Spotlight @ Dear Creatives.com
- Best of the Weekend @ Ms. Toody Goo Shoes
- Share it One More Time @ Shabby Fufu
- Sunday’s at Home @ Thoughts from Alice
- Silver Pennies Sunday @ Silver Pennies
- Submarine Sunday @ Navy Wifey Peters Aboard the USS Crafty